Saturday, February 7, 2009

Slow moment.



There it is folks, me in uniform. Tonight is my first night of work. Being that I don't know what to expect, I will wait until tomorrow to report back with details.

This morning was very fun to me. I woke up and decided that my roommates and I needed to have a pancake morning. So I fired up the stove and made a stack of pancakes. I can tell that it made everyone cheery, because, well, everyone was cheery! Being myself, I instantly headed to the gym after eating my share. I'm not sure if it is healthy on my bones to run everyday, but there is something one of a kind about running.

I believe that the most valuable lessons are learned from those we share life with. My Aunt Elaine used a metaphor that really inspired me. So all my credit goes to Aunt Elaine here, but this is my variation of the metaphor.

Life consists of many peaks and valleys and inevitably we have to experience both. Take with you the triumphs of the peaks; by doing so, the valleys will be much easier to travel.

More than ever, I am learning the value of patience. Upon revealing my stories to the many people who ask, I find that I describe my frustration with sitting around. Being that this frustration started two days upon arrival to Los Angeles, I will chalk it up to needing more patience. Like they say, Rome was not built in a day. As I continue to build my empire (so cheesy), I will appreciate the pace in which it all happens. Like I told a close friend today, growing up happens too fast. I will take my advice and not rush the process any more.

Sorry to be short, but I have a shift to cover! As I begin work tonight, I hope you enjoy a slow moment in life. I consider myself a busy body, therefore, I love the speed- for all of us who like to be busy, find moments that last a long time!

1 comment:

Queen Mama Mia said...

You put my metaphore so beautifully! Good luck on your new job. I'd like to hear all about it.