Monday, February 16, 2009

More than we are and the most we can be.

I heard a quote recently that I loved.

"I hope your organs fail you before your dreams do."

I believe that in order to make dreams come true, we have to meet fate half way. Chalk it up to hard work, but it is worth every moment of effort. At my new job, in just two weeks, I have caught the attention of my superiors. It is refreshing to know that going an extra mile can guide you through many more. I salute all of you who work extra hard and find reward in doing so.

A friend of mine shared the idea that good things should not be forced. While this a pretty cliche idea, it is a good point to recognize. Too often we get so wrapped up in what want that we lose sight of how we ever lived without it. I do believe that satisfaction comes from gain, intellectual or material, however, we cannot force our desires to come true. If a feat happens prematurely, it lacks the substance and foundation to be vital. I believe that in terms of what we want, we should focus in on patience and trust that what should happen will. As I patiently wait for my moment, I hope you find yours too.

I was more tired this morning due to a late night at work. I was happy to stay a little longer to enjoy the Fab Four, a Beatles tribute band. Being that the Beatles are one of my absolute favorite bands, I enjoyed serving fellow fans and singing along to the timeless tunes. More so, though, I enjoyed feeling like my father was with me. My Dad raised me to the music of the Beatles...I consider their music one of the strongest bonds we share. I remember being younger and going to a Beatles tribute band with my dad and winning tickets to see Paul McCartney. I believe that the memories we build act as the catalyst that forms passion for the rest of our lives. When we experience life to its fullest, we realize that with the right mentality, we can be more than we are and the most we can be.

Waking up this morning a little later than usual (9:30 A.M.)I felt the need to get things done before work tonight. I started by preparing dinner for tonight. I am making chicken breast, mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, and a fresh veggie salad. I laugh when describing my cooking abilities. I consider myself the Sandra Lee of the food network. I don't make many things from scratch, but I create my own original meals with things around the kitchen; semi-homemade. I would love to taste some of my readers favorite foods, so please share a recipe with me!

Like I said before, I am getting back into song writing. I've pulled out a pile of lyrics that I've worked on over the past two years. I'm excited to further produce these songs. If given the opportunity, I am going to work on recording some of my music and face my fears of pursuing music. Being that we, for the most part, are writers, I would love to read some poetry of yours. Please share!

This world is full of so much natural beauty. As I am sitting here writing this blog, I looked outside to notice a rainbow shining bright as can be. The rainbow was as clear as can be from each end. I find this so fascinating. I love nature. I tried taking a picture of it, but my camera isn't picking it up too well.

I look forward to hearing back from you with some good recipes and creative writing. Have a fantastic day and thanks for reading.

6 comments:

Barry said...

"I consider their music one of the strongest bonds we share."

Speaking of sharing bonds, my wife and I have also seen the Fab Four.

And my wife was ne of these lucky enough to see the Beatles during their first tour.

She still has the ticket. The price was $5

Anonymous said...

Nick- I find total peace in what you said about not forcing things to happen and just letting what should happen, happen. I was wondering if you'd let me quote you on my blog and link you of course. You can say no, I won't be offended.

Anonymous said...

You're a dancer? That's awesome. What kind of dance do you do? I'd love to hear about it. You can email me if you don't want to use your posts to have a conversation. kimberly_hunter123@yahoo.com

Nick James said...

Barry- I lose my breath just thinking about seeing the Beatles. I was in awe just seeing Paul McCartney. Thank you for sharing that with me, I think it is so interesting. Imagine how much the tickets would cost now!

TPBW- Check your e-mail haha.

Natalie said...

Hi, Nick! I am a friend of Clay's and he recommended a visit to you. What a profoundly mature young man you are. I resonated with just about everything you wrote, from the Beatles to wanting recipes and poetry. (Might be able to help you there).The thing that struck me the most was your thoughts on waiting for things to be right. All morning that has been going around my head, and BANG! there you were. Synchronicity.
It is a delight to 'meet' you.

P.s. I have a son named Nick, I think it one of the most beautiful names for a man. In my opinion, it looks like you are definitely someone to "watch this space..." you have it all going on. :D

Nick James said...

Natalie, thank you! Clay is a great blogger friend! Thank you for reading- I am headed to your blog right away, I can tell from your energy that I am going to enjoy it very much!