Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a country.

"Rosa sat so Martin could walk
So Barack could run,
So our children can fly."
-Jay-Z

The quote above is a representation of history. A part of history that I consider the most important day, since September 11Th, that I have been alive. I am proud to be part of a country the reigns equality. No matter what someone believes, it is inevitable that today is a day to be cherished and looked fondly on. I spent today's celebration at LA Live with thousands of people. The energy in the air was unbelievable with so many people cheering and sharing joy. With a smile on my face, I couldn't help but think...what a country! Here are some pictures that radiate hopefulness and unity!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning post Nick--I too feel a greater sense of duty to this nation. We can all do this together! Excellent, refreshing and timely post sir. Bravo.

Clayrn Darrow

Antonio Minino said...

Looks like you had a blast! I went out to the Brooklyn Music Academy with some friends to see the Inauguration on a huge screen. We got there at 10am and it was already sold out. So we ventured out to this awesome Moroccan restaurant and witnessed change with new friends.

We have all witnessed and been part of history. His speech was spot on what I hoped for and nothing less.

Now its time to help him out and get to work!