Sunday, March 15, 2009

ME

I found something out today. I found out that sometimes the greatest moments in life are the ones created. As you read earlier, the past two weeks have been so busy and tiring for me; while I’ve enjoyed every moment, my knees were starting to ache and my energy was depleting. That was then, this is now: Sunday March 15th, today, has been a day of peaceful moments.

Take it from me, “ME” days are the most important ever. We all give so much to the world around us that it is important to take a day all for you. I chose today to be that day. I woke up at 9:00AM, a perfect time to wake up. I stayed in my PJ’s as I caught some entertainment on the tube over a cup of coffee and a bagel. As my roommates departed for the day, I headed into the shower. I took a long hot shower and just did plenty of thinking. I got dressed and headed for a walk through the city, on this sunny day. I stopped at GNC, where I bought myself my favorite vitamins. I then headed to the mall where I people watched and window shopped. I cut my outing short and headed home. Here I am now making up for lost time. If you noticed, I caught up and read/commented ALL of your blogs again. It means a lot to me to do that.

I am so entirely blessed to live the life I lead. I have the courage to try things, the support group to back me up and the will to survive, regardless the matter.
Sorry for another short post, but it is almost game time. Take care my friends!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay sharp Nick, and enjoy those "ME" moments. Cheers!

Matthew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matthew said...

Hey Nick! It's been way too long since we've talked. It's good to see you're sticking with it, but you do gotta take those personal days just to refresh every so often.

I've been reading your blog since day 1 and it's only taken me what, 3 months to set up an account so I can add comments. Haha. I look forward to readin more about your adventures buddy!

Oh, and I loved your use of pictures. And food. There's few things I love more than scenery and food.

Sarah Siwicki said...

Hey Nick
So glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your day !
Although I must say you've made me quite jealous ... A walk in the sun?!?!?!?!?! I took a walk today too, only to be pulverized by hail, soaked with snow and knocked off my feet by a 90km/h wind.

:) All the best for the week ahead

Anonymous said...

Nick I am so happy to hear that you took a "Nick" day! Good on ya!
xoxoxo

Natalie said...

Sounds wonderful ~ just chillin'xx

~Sheila~ said...

Excellent!
I think that with the kind of schedule that you have. You should always try to pick that one day out of the week to have a "ME" day.

Today was that day for me too.
The kids are all on Spring Break so my mom has early today until tomorrow so that I don't have to worry about what to do with them while I have to work.
My husband and I sat on the couch in our pajamas (since 5pm) and watched Hell's Kitchen on the computer...one episode after another.
It was Bliss.

Have a good rest of the week!!

T.J. Seale said...

Hey Nick, don't let it go so long next time. You need those days to reflect. Without the time to look back on what you've done it makes life feel like everything is rushing by, too fast.

Lol, people watching is great...

-Thomas

Dendy Darin said...

Hi Nick, glad to know this blog. It catch my eyes for a first sight. Might I can learn something from your writing here.
Have a good day for you!

Nath said...

Enjoy your "me" day! We all need them every now and then :)

HalfCrazy said...

Hi there!

Glad that you enjoyed your "Me" day. It is indeed one of the days I always look forward to. Summer is coming up, there will be plenty of Me time mixed with Family time but that's alright, I can still do whatever I want.

We need Me days to concentrate better, to relax and be ready for the upcoming days spent with "friends, other people and things" day lol.

Unknown said...

'me' time is so important.
I dont beleive in selfish only self protection and self preservation xx

~Sheila~ said...

P.S. Did you see Desperate Housewives??? Hilarious!!

Pinked said...

ME moments are the best! I love your positivity Nick :) makes me appreciate things I tend to overlook!

Like being in pj's, watching t.v. and having coffee at your leisure *bliss* long showers are bliss too..in fact, your Me-day was pretty fabulous! Really should do it more often :)

Chuck Dilmore said...

Great post, mon - thanks!

peace,
Chuck

Unknown said...

For some strange reason I feel like taking a "me" day today, but it always involves me spending money. I guess it doesn't matter much as long as it's spent on me.