Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Time. Of. My. Life.

I will begin this by saying that I am not depressed, or derailed at all. This is merely me offering advice based on a situation I’ve experienced.

When it comes to the mushy gushy stuff, love, I sit on an awful part of the fence. I am either completely apathetic towards any romantic opportunities that I am faced with, or I am head over heels involved. When I am standing, I stand strong; when I fall, I fall deep. I have the ability to stand like a wall of cement, and I rarely let anyone get close enough to even begin climbing. However, when I allow someone to get close enough, I usually let them break the wall down. At this point, if you are one of these people, you have made me to believe that you are working hard to break down this wall, ultimately making me think you have a similar interest in me. When the said situation happens and you all of a sudden choose to ignore me, I get upset. I don’t’ get upset because you aren’t able to feel for me, but I get upset that you chose to be phony. If you are grown up enough to create adult feelings, please be mature enough to communicate a change of heart. If you are after sex only, please look elsewhere. I am not typical, meaning I don’t need to have a physical relationship. If I choose to have one, the first physical sign is my heart pounding through my chest. If you don’t get that far, you aren’t getting anywhere.

Like I said, I am not depressed or upset about this—I don’t rely on love, so if it goes wrong I can care less. All I am saying is that you should make sure you know what you are doing. As you hit ages closer to adulthood, folks have REAL emotion. They fall deeper, things mean more, and the recovery period takes a little longer.

My life has gone from 0 to 60 to 100. I can’t seem to stop being busy. It is a good thing. As my two jobs keep paying the bills, I am managing my pursuit wonderfully. Opportunities keep coming my way, and they are teaching me so much. I’ve never believed so much in myself and my dream. On top of that, I am managing a pretty nice social life. I don’t a million friends, but I have one in a million sort of friends. I have a support group that is everything to me. I am proud to be building a life that can mean so much.

This past weekend I traveled to Indio, California to attend a weekend long country music festival. TIME. OF. MY. LIFE. With Ian and Cousin Joey as my companions, I couldn’t help but enjoy every moment of the trip. We shared laughs, memories and fantastic music. I was lucky enough to see the following concerts: Little Big Town, Darius Rucker, Kid Rock, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Pure Prairie League, Pocco, Reba Macintyre, Miranda Lampert and many others. I built a memory this weekend that I will NEVER forget.

I am excited about flying home next month. My mom was able to score an affordable flight, so she invited me for a visit home. This is an important time of year, because at the end of May my entire family goes on a HUGE camping trip together. This is exactly what I need to refuel my happiness out in LA.

I wish you all the happiness and perfections that come with life. Let me know how you all are!

8 comments:

Matthew said...

Brad Paisley! You suck! I've wanted to see him forever now!

I totally relate on the relationship deal. I don't like to get close to people, but when I do it's extremely important. I don't fall in and out of love all the time, but when I know I care for someone, I hope they know it cause it's real.

I'm glad you're coming home! I hope it's longer than just for the camping trip though!

Carolyn R. Parsons said...

Wow..that's an impressive lineup!

You sound amazingly like my husband who either fell hard or not at all. He too had an incredible time meeting sincere people. He was 36 when we'd gotten together and we already had known each other.

Meanwhile, emotion is useful in any creative field, feel it, use it and move on.

Once I was asked to write my six word motto. I came up with "easy come, easy go, walk on" and it's served me well.

Take care...
enjoy your camping trip!
Breeze

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you are filling your time with things that you enjoy and that you are able to still pop by and update us from time to time. We miss your daily posts!

~Sheila~ said...

All of this is excellent news.

The fact that you are so in touch with yourself to know how you are in and out of love.

Keep in mind...love is inpredictable. Curve balls all of the time.

I'm glad you are making ends meet with your jobs and still diving head first toward your dreams.

Keep it up.

I'm proud of you.

P.S. I'm following you on twitter.

Pinked said...

Hey Nick...

I think it's very important to take better responsibility in terms of feelings and I'm so glad you write it down.

A pleasant read, as always! Cheers :)

Queenet said...

Nickie, I'm so happy your coming home for a visit!? Your family is so very proud of you. Continue to keep that goal in mind and follow your dream -- you are amazing!

The love of your life does not have to happen now, you have plenty of time -- furthermore it is "their" loss, as your quite a catch and a very special guy. Love you, A.E.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Good to hear that things are going well your way and I happen to agree on a bit of your take on love and such. I always marvel at how wise you seem to be at such a young age.

Take care Nick, look forward to hearing from you as you have the time.

Triana said...

Wow Nick, you continue to surprise me. Very true. I have nearly the same thoughts in my head that I was collecting for a post, but you have done a spectacular job already, and I am even a few days late! Bravo! ;)